Shaolin Temple certified Masters
Our masters are some of the best in China. They are authentic Kung Fu masters having honed their skills over their lifetimes and are authorized by the Shaolin Temple.
Learn martial arts from our certified masters
Our masters practice Chinese martial arts since childhood. They are some of the best in China and are authentic GongFu experts]]. They all speak Chinese and English and have a large experience of teaching international students from around the world. Guided by our headmaster, Mr. Shi Yan Lin, Shaolin Monk of the 32nd Generation, our shifus help each student to reach their goals.
Headmaster Shi Yan Lin
Shi Yan Lin, by the local name of Xie Xu Yong, was born in Zou Cheng city, Shandong province. At 23 years old, he is one of the first class Kung Fu masters from shaolin with his rich teaching experience to foreigners.
The three-section staff, pudao, imitated form are his specialties and he also knows a lot of other kung fu skills. At the age of 8, his uncle, who was practicing kung fu, took him to shaolin temple to learn shaolin kung fu. After physical practice and mentally development, he entered Songshan shao lin si kung fu school for further education on science and kung fu theory.
“Hard training and endurance are the way to learn real kung fu”.
During his studies Shi Yan Lin became popular in the shaolin area, due to his own efforts of learning English and self-developing, including his gentle manners. Since 1996, he has taught kung fu under the control of his master and since then he began to make friends with many foreign students. After his visit to European countries, he is planning to extend the teaching of foreign students for traditional culture exchange.
Three years of research on kung fu theory and Buddhism gave him a chance to preserve his future. His friends from all around of the world would contact him through letters and emails. Regardless of the distance across the world, he managed to spread shaolin kung fu culture to the world, because deep in his heart, zen and wu are the real resources of his energy and he has devoted himself to the construction of Chinese kung fu.
Teaching Shaolin Kung fu in stages
Based on the principle of progression from basic to advanced, Master Shi Yanlin’s method of teaching can be classified into three stages:
Using lively, active, simple and interesting forms to train basic principles and moves, he enables students to appreciate and understand the fundamentals of martial arts exercises, as well as introduce them to its philosophy. This will build a good foundation for further knowledge.
From the fundamentals, the student will progress to more advanced moves. Starting with forms, each student will learn techniques of punching, kicking, grappling and holding whilst in attack and defense. By then, the student will comprehend the subtlety and principles of Shaolin Martial Arts. Aside from formal class practices, Master Shi Yanlin tries to get students to participate in various kinds of competition (interschool or otherwise), allowing them ample opportunities to demonstrate their skills.
Unity of Mind and Body
Moving from Applications, using special techniques from Shaolin’s combination of Chan and Martial Arts, the students will advance to the stage of higher-level coordination of hand, eyes and stepping motion, as well as Ch’i (Qi) strength (internal and external). This trains concentration and helps deal with distraction during training. Furthermore, their bodies and spirits will be unified and their practice of martial arts will seamlessly combine the hard and soft techniques, thus achieving the objective of studying Ch’an.
Besides training them in Kung fu skills, Master Shi Yanlin also teaches students basic Shaolin Kung fu theory and the histories of Shaolin Temple and its martial art. Many Kung fu masters throughout the country and abroad have acknowledged his teaching methods, which has proven advantageous for foreign students who, as opposed to local Chinese students, often start training at a much later age.
Get to know our shifus
Each shifu speaks English, has had at least 10 years martial arts experience and has been officially graded to a high level. They have excellent skills in training people with various abilities, from beginners to more experienced students and there are expert Sanda and Taiji shifus available for students wishing to train specifically in these areas.
Master Shi Heng Jin (Wang Jin Long)
- 2010 – Today: Honorary trainer of Belgium, the Netherlands Shaolin Bond;
- 2010: Teaching Kung Fu and Chin Na at the Belgian Royal Military Academy;
- 2006 – 2007: Private lessons teaching Kung Fu and Chin Na to Snoop Dogg;
- 2003 – today: Teaching Kung Fu at Kung Fu Schools in The United Arab Emirates and Europe (the Netherlands, Belgium, Turkey, Germany, Luxemburg);
- 2001 – today: Attained the status of Shaolin Monk, 34th generation Shaolin Kung Fu: Shi Heng Jin;
- 1997 – today: Training Shaolin Kung Fu;
Shaolin traditional forms: Shaolin Tiger, Shaolin Sword, Iron Chi Kung.
Master Yale Yuan
Master Yale Yuan was born in Ruzhou City of Henan Province. He began training kung fu in 1999 at Shaolin Temple.In 2001, Master Yale Yuan transferred to Shaolin Temple Martial Arts School and graduated in 2002. From 2003 to 2005, he participated in numerous competitions and performances as a member of the Shaolin Si Wuseng Performance Team. Specializing in pudao, dao, zui gun, and zimuyue, he took part in notable events such as “henan TV wuling feng”, “dongfang shanshow” and “shaolin wushu zhixiang dasai”.
Master Yale Yuan became a shifu in 2005 and first took on foreign students in 2006. His students have placed in major competitions such as “Second World Shaolin traditional Competition” and “Third world Shaolin traditional Competition” in Zhengzhou. They have also gone on to open their own schools in their home countries and to compete and perform internationally.
Master Yale Yuan has traveled throughout Europe both to perform and teach. His extensive experiences have given him a distinct teaching philosophy which he hopes to impart to his students.Especially his excelent english allows him to communicate very well with the students ,make sure the context of the exercises is well understood.
The focus of kung fu training is not only learning, but also teaching. Master Yale Yuan hopes that his students both enjoy kung fu and go on to share it with others. For many people, training can become a part of their life; it helps people improve themselves and change their perspective. Wherefore, the most important aspect is for everyone to understand kung fu as more than just a sport, but as an entire culture.
Master Shi Yanbo
Master Shi Yanbo was born in Zoucheng City of Shandong Province. He began training kung fu in 1998 at Shaolin Temple. He graduated in 2002 and continued training there for another year. In 2002, Master Shi Yanbo also acted in the movie “meng duan tianguo”.
Master Shi Yanbo became a shifu in 2004 and first taught at Shaolin Si Quanfa Xueyuan, specializing in traditional forms and weapons. He has been recognized as one of the best coaches in Dengfeng City and Henan Province. Additionally, his excellent teaching has earned him several awards.
Master Shi Yanbo has also travelled abroad to perform, teach and accompany his students. His efforts have garnered high praise and positive reviews. visiting Shaolin Temple and its attendant culture as his motivation, Mater Shi Yanbo seeks to extend the appreciation and understanding of kung fu throughout the world.
Master Dong Xie
- Born in Shandong Province Zoucheng, China;
- 1998-2010 Training Kung Fu in Shaolin Temple Henan Province;
- 2007-2009 Training Tai Chi;
- 2nd Place in China Tai Chi Competition;
- 2009-Today Teaching Tai Chi at Yuntai Mountain International Culture and Martial Arts School in 2010;
Master Wang Yuan Fang
- Born in Henan Xinxiang Yuanyang China;
- Training professional Kung Fu since 2002, specializes at toad work, several scorpion boxing, nine-section, whip, 3 section nunchuck, shaolin traditional repertoire;
- 1st Place in 2009 competition, “Zhengzhou Boxing Championship 2009”;
- 1st Place – “International Shaolin WuShuJie Traditional Instruments Championship” 2010;
Master Fan Kui
“My name is Fan Kui, a young fellow. I was born in October, 1986, in Ximei village, Chengguan Town, Xiuwu County, Jiaozuo, Henan Province, being the descendant of the Chen’s Taiji Boxing. Now, I’m the nation-level director of Wushu; the first grade boxing coach of Henan Province; the deputy director of Xiuwu Taiji Institute; the main coach of Zhulaohu Gongfu Yuan in Wenxian; and the coach of Body-Building Club in Xinxiang. I began to learn Wushu from my father at the age of seven. Greatly interested in Wushu, I was sent to Chenjiagou to learn Taiji Boxing from the masters. In 1997, I became a student of the master Chen Mengsong , the 11th generation of the Chen Family. In 2002, I became a student of the master Zhu Laohu, the 10th generation of Chen’s Boxing, whose Taiji Boxing skill originates from the Taiji master Wang Yan. At the beginning, I knew little about the Boxing theory. My father , who likes Taiji very much and has a deep foundation in Boxing, taught me to learn Taiji Boxing in a special way. My father has much association with Taiji masters of Chenjiagou and has learned much about the spirit of Taiji Boxing from them, especially the master Zhu Laohu. Then, he taught me the skill. I am greatly grateful to my father for his teaching. With the help of my father and under the careful guidance of my teachers, I practise Taiji Boxing extremely hard all the year round. During the past ten years, I have learned the first old style, the sencond old style, the 56-form competing style, and the Gongfu style, and also Single Sword, Double Sword, Single Broad-sword, Double Broad-sword, Long Spear, Spring &Autumn Broad-sword and so on, especially good at Taiji Tunshou and Taiji Sanshou. In 2007, with the permission of my respected teacher, I practise Taiji Boxing at the institute run by the master Wang Xi-an. I gained great progress by practicing with the coaches of my age. With the guidance of Master Wang Xi-an, I won the competitionship in 80kg grade in the competition of Taiji Tunshou in Hongkong. In the same year, I took part in the selective competition of Taiji Boxing, “Wulin Dahui” held by CCTV in Ma anshan. Through the fiece competitions I was elected one of the sixteen strongest Taiji boxers in China.
My Hope: Going to University , being a film star.
My Intention: Becoming a qualified Taiji coach, teaching people Taiji Boxing from home and abroad.”
- Year 2002: won the sixth in 56-form in the first national Taiji competition in Jiaozuo.
- Year 2004: won the fifth in 75kg-level competition of Taiji Tunshou in Ma an-shan, Anhui Province.
- Year 2004: won the gold medal in traditional style in the national competition held by Anhui Province.
- Year 2005: won the third in the 70kg level in Taiji Tunshou in Chenjiagou.
Year 2006: won the gold medal in traditional style and the third in 75kg level in Henan Province.
- Year 2007: won the championship in 80kg of Taiji Tunshou in Hongkong.
- Year 2008:Elected one of the sixteen conteststants in Chen’s Taiji Boxing competition “Wulin Dahui” held by CCTV.
Master Xu Jie
- 2002—2004 I started Sanda training at Shaolin Kungfu School in Xuchang City
- 2004—2006 To improve my sanda skills I went to Xuchang City Sports School to have a professional and high quality training , I also joined many different “Wushu Guanxiao Bei” sanda competitions in different cities and provinces in China and received Several rewards during the competitions.
- 2006—2008 Went to one of the most famous Sanda Training Base named “Beijing Aoyu Sanda Club” located in Beijing .During the whole training I joined several high rated competitions as a champion in weight class 65KG of the “Shanxi Province Sanda Competition” in May 2007. October 2007 I also became champion in weight class 70KG of “The International Sanda competition” in Hebei Province.
- In 2008 I received 2nd prize from “Wushu Guanxiao Jiaoliu Sai” in Zhengzhou and joined many competitions where I received a lot of good rewards in the same year.
- September 2009 I received an invitation letter from “Shanxi Sports University” to study and train over there until June 2013.
In June I graduated.
- I started to teach in “Yuntai Shan International Culture and Martial Arts School” in August 2013. I relearned my English to obtain my communication with the students, especially foreign students. It made me to teach better and better.
Apply in 3 easy steps
We aim to make the whole process of coming as smooth & easy as possible
Once we've received your application, we will send you an invitation letter, so you can get your visa.
Flights & Pickup
Book your flights and send us your arrival information. We will pick you up for free.